ORT Choisy-le-Roi is a vocational training center offering courses and state-approved diplomas recognized by the Regional Directorate for Business, Competition, Consumption, Labour and Employment. It works in partnership with the regional job centre and a large network of commercial companies. The majority of students are people looking for work, looking to develop their skills, or looking to retrain.
|Name of School||ECOLE ORT|
|Age range||Adult education and training|
Air Conditioning Fitter & Service Engineer
Graduates of the Air Conditioning Fitter & Service Engineer course are able to install and maintain air conditioning equipment for single-user clients, such as houses, offices, shops or restaurants. The course pays special attention to the health and safety issues involved when dealing with electrical systems and refrigerants.
Automotive Technical Inspector
Graduates of the Automotive Technical Inspector course are trained to inspect the roadworthiness of small vehicles, and to perform administrative tasks related to these checks - such as vehicle identification and report-writing. They have expertise in the technical workings of automotives, together with detailed knowledge of highway regulations.
Building Maintenance Officer
Graduates of the Building Maintenance Officer course are able to perform all tasks in connection with the maintenance and renovation of building premises. The course covers finishing, decorating, painting, plumbing, tiling, electrical installation and glazing. Students learn to read drawings to understand the properties of different building materials, and study how to observe health and safety regulations.
Company Networking & Telecommunications Technician
Graduates of the Company Networking & Telecommunications Technician course are able to install, commission, troubleshoot, maintain and develop telecommunications networking systems.
The course covers two components:
1. Installing company networks and telecommunications equipment
- Assembling and connecting the elements of company networks and telecommunications equipment
- Configuring and tuning company networks and telecommunications equipment
- Functional testing of company networks and telecommunications equipment
2. Maintaining company networks and telecommunications equipment
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting malfunctions of company networks and telecommunications equipment on site
- Servicing company networks and telecommunications equipment
- Carrying out performance testing of company networks and telecommunications equipment
- Providing remote assistance and advice to clients regarding maintainance of their company network and telecommunications equipment
Graduates of the Installation Electrician course are trained to work in domestic, commercial or industrial settings. They are able to install and activate electrical equipment, together with wiring switchboards and control cabinets. The course covers electrical standards and regulations and the use of test equipment.
Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Service Technician
Graduates of the Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Service Technician course are able to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair both small air conditioning units and commercial refrigeration facilities - such as refrigerator cabinets, refrigerated vehicles and cold rooms.
Refrigeration Fitter and Service Engineer
Graduates of the Refrigeration Fitter & Service Engineer course are trained in the following areas:
- assembly and installation of equipment, such as cold rooms and control cabinets
- checking equipment operation and explaining to the client how the equipment works
- responding to customer service calls and searching for the causes of electrical malfunction
The course pays special attention to health and safety issues involved when dealing with electrical systems and refrigerants. Graduates of the course usually go on to work in commercial company settings.
Sanitation & Heating Engineer
Graduates of the Sanitation & Heating Engineer course are able to install various types of central heating and plumbing. They are able to prepare, assemble, install and service these systems, normally alongside other building professionals.
Senior Technician in Information Technology & Telecommunications Networks
Graduates of the Senior Technician in Information Technology and Telecommunications Networks are able to commission, install and ensure the smooth operation of computer and telecommunications networks. They are also able to assist sales executives to identify and specify appropriate technical solutions for companies which balance quality and cost.