In 2007, World ORT set up its “Science Journey – Kadima Mada” program, to re-envision science and technology education in Israel, specifically in the peripheral northern and southern areas of the country. World ORT Kadima Mada (WOKM) works closely with the Ministry of Education and the Ministry for the Development of the Negev & Galilee, together with municipalities and regional councils.
World ORT Kadima Mada’s goal is to help bridge the gap between national educational policy and pedagogical implementation on the ground. World ORT Kadima Mada is a project-based organization, involved with projects at a development level, implemetation level and resourcing level. WOKM's work is guided by six principles.
- Enriching science and technology in Israeli Schools
- Initiating innovation in Israeli school classrooms
- Empowering teachers and schools to own and sustain World ORT Kadima Mada initiatives
- Supporting socio-economically challenged communities in Israel's geographic periphery
- Collaborating and establishing partnerships with international partners across the World ORT network
- Modelling good practice in educational responsibility and accountability