Executive and Management Programs
The Program for Management Development enables participants to gain an overview of the skills needed to manage organisations, lead teams and make efficient decisions. It is ideally suited to executives who want to build on and update their skills, and managers who are preparing to move into senior management positions in the future.
The program is designed with emphasis on the following areas:
- Management Capabilities: the program provides participants with in-depth practical knowledge and methods for managing an organisation. Participants will improve their capacity for analysis and decision-making, efficient management of processes and alignment of activities and resources with the strategic needs of the organisation.
- Management Skills: the program is an ideal space for participants to analyse and reflect on their executive skills and leadership ability. Using a specific methodology that includes workshops, role playing and teamwork, participants can develop their own strategy for personal and professional development.
- Management and People Development: the program helps participants to work on their key function as an executive: the ability to grow the organisation through the personal development of its employees.
The Program in Business Management teaches managers to systematise their decision-making processes, to quantify business opportunities and to make informed decisions related to taking their organisations in new directions. The program also generates a positive attitude to change and explores opportunities for innovation. The course consists of four compulsory seminars and three optional workshops that are taught in an intensive format over two mornings.
Specifically, participants will:
- Analyse the new economic environment facing firms, and identify the opportunities arising from the new relationships guiding the markets.
- Internalise the need for innovation, challenge existing paradigms and find new ways to approach market differentiation.
- Understand the need for efficiency, controlling marketing costs, and allocating scarce resources efficiently.
The program is aimed at managers, leaders, consultants and facilitators. It promotes management styles that will result in increases in productivity in participants' organisations.
The program consists of a series of three-day seminars covering the following topics:
- self-management and professional development
- leadership and mentoring
- conflict as opportunity
- managing change
The program is aimed at technology company managers. It provides the knowledge and practical tools to align technology with your business.
It is composed of modules that integrate the most modern management techniques, designed specifically to lead the innovation and the uncertainty that characterize the technology markets.
The technology industry in Uruguay shows signs of enormous vitality and creativity and is developed thanks to the technical quality of its human resources. However, all the studies carried out in the sector coincide in pointing out that it must be strengthened with managerial and managerial training of its business leaders to take full advantage of the opportunities offered by this sector.
The Management of Agribusiness Program is designed to help improve decision-making and management of agribusiness in changing environments. It offers analytic examination of agribusiness management as a discipline, together with discussion of case studies and practical exercises in applying new techniques.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Discuss the new issues and trends affecting agribusiness globally, nationally and regionally.
- Strengthen the participants’ ability to identify and solve management problems.
- Develop group work skills – persuasive argumentation, listening, and understanding other points of view.
- Strengthen links and develop relationships between participants
The Human Resources Management Program aims to strengthen the participant's ability to manage human resources strategically, aligning them with organisational objectives and adapting them to their changes.
The program provides key concepts, methods and tools for effective talent and performance management, including the art of leading, developing and planning human capital. The main theoretical-practical guidelines of labor law and collective bargaining are also addressed.
The program includes almost 80 hours of training with teachers with extensive experience in the field and exchange with pairs of different sectors of activity that have human resources in charge.
The Executive Program in Financial Investment incorporates the latest trends in domestic and international finance to offer professionals in the financial industry the necessary knowledge and tools for providing high-quality investment advice to clients. The course consists of six seminars of 20 hours each.
The Executive Program of Financial Investments provides the participant with the substantive knowledge and operational tools necessary to carry out a professional and up-to-date investment advice function for clients at high performance levels, through training aligned with international training in the field and adapted to the objectives of the current regulations of the Central Bank of Uruguay.
The Finance Training Program for Non-Financials has been designed with the aim of providing a solid training. It allows participants to be qualified users of available financial information. At the same time, it enables them to request new information for the management of the financial areas, interacting in a fluid way with different sectors of the organisation.
The Commercial Management Program is oriented to provide concepts and tools to the leader of the commercial area of your organisation that allow you to quantify the business opportunities and systematise your decision-making processes.
The program seeks to generate a positive attitude to change and allows the identification of new paths of commercial development and innovation opportunities. It focuses particularly on sales team management, marketing channels, marketing and advertising communication.
The program is designed to train participants to:
- Explore the most relevant online marketing techniques available.
- Apply the latest trends in the digital environment.
- Be aware of strategic and tactical knowledge in the digital environment associated with marketing, sales and communication.
- Manage digital suppliers in an optimal way with the ability to choose, control and demand more efficiently.
The Executive Program in Supply Chain Management and Logistics is comprised of four workshops, spread across 12 days in total. Students develop their strategic and operational capabilities in the areas of supply chains, logistics, inventory management and international business. Teaching on the course incorporates case studies and practical exercises.
Specifically, the course covers the following topics:
- Developing a common language for the subject of supply chain and logistics
- Learning to visualise and manage supply chains according to global best practice and benchmarks
- Evaluating the impact of logistics management on corporate finance
- Providing effective indicators to support decision-making
- Interpreting and analysing the inter-relationships of link members in a supply chain
- Developing logistical tools to select appropriate transportation, storage and information systems
- Developing methods for attracting new customers and accessing new markets
The Advanced Program in Quantitative Methods is offered for two specialities: finance and economics. The course provides practical tools and techniques, together with complex software applications, to equip industry professionals with invaluable support for financial and economic analysis. Modules combine theoretical and conceptual aspects with practical application of real financial and economic data.
The Risk Management Program was designed jointly by the School of Postgraduate Studies of the Faculty of Administration and Social Sciences of the Universidad ORT Uruguay and the CPA Ferrere Risk Chair with the objective of providing the main concepts and tools necessary for the Management of the risks of the organizations.
The participant can choose between six different certifications according to the level of specificity that he wants to give his training.
The Finance Capital Markets - Capital Markets Seminars have as a main objective to provide knowledge to those who act as investment advisers in the securities market, enabling them to know the latest trends and best practices of the industry, as well as the main changes both in the macroeconomic international finance environments.
For this we have prepared a proposal of topics that we consider relevant for this course. It is important to mention that the seminars are oriented to cover the re-certification needs of the BCU and international certifications. The dictation of the courses is subject to a minimum quor