Sir Manasseh Meyer International School (SMMIS)
• Sir Manasseh Meyer International School (SMMIS) is a not for profit, child centred school that offers a rigorous international education, imbued with the vibrancy of Jewish values, tradition and culture. We are a diverse community that welcomes students of all nationalities and faiths.
• Our educational philosophy is one that teaches resilience, collaboration, independence and perseverance. We are a smaller school which allows us to tailor learning, enabling each child to flourish and reach their full potential.
• We strive to build mensches. We have a strong ethical foundation and engender a commitment to social action through Tikkun Olam. Our children are encouraged to see themselves as global citizens, with charity and volunteering a strong aspect of school life.
|Name of School||Sir Manasseh Meyer International School (SMMIS)|
|Age range||Preschool, Elementary, Junior High, High School|
• The curriculum within the preschool is Reggio Emilia inspired.
• In the elementary school, students study the IPC, Singapore Maths Curriculum and UK National Curriculum for Literacy.
• At Junior High and High School levels, the curricula taught are the IMYC and iGCSEs.
• The language of instruction is English; Hebrew and Mandarin are taught as foreign languages.
• There are 3x science laboratories for physics, biology and chemistry.
• The school has a Makerspace with micro:bits and robotics.
• The ICT Curriculum covers:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Digital Literacy
• This includes: online safety, coding, spreadsheets, questioning & communication, effective searching, creating pictures, making music, presenting ideas, touch typing, databases, simulations, graphing, animation, game creator, 3D modelling, concept maps, hardware & networks.
• There are daily morning Tefila Prayers or Mindfulness.
• Grades 1-5 study three times per week either Jewish Education (TalAm) lessons (taught in Hebrew) OR Jewish Cultural Education combined with World Religions (taught in English) covering Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam and Sikhism.
• For Grades 6-8, the Jewish Education curriculum (taught in English) covers:
- Jewish Values
- Jewish History
- Holocaust Studies
• They also study Hebrew four times a week.
Additional Educational Offerings or Specialities
• Activities and Clubs include: swimming, football, basketball, robotics, ballet, choir, chess and martial arts.
• Facilities consist of:
- 450 seat auditorium & 400 pax event hall
- Sound proofed music and dance room with sprung floor
- Indoor sensory gym for preschool
- 25m outdoor pool
- Indoor air-conditioned basketball court
- Astroturf football pitch
I found I was able to blend in and socialize with everyone really easily since SMMIS is such a multicultural and accepting school. I also love how, whenever I need help or someone to talk to, I know that I can talk to anyone freely without being judged, but instead getting the help and support I need. The teachers at SMMIS are also extremely helpful. Whenever I am struggling with a certain topic they will take time to make sure that I understand the topic and catch up. Grade 8 Student
I love the school because it is a very warm and welcoming place and everybody feels like family. The teachers are encouraging and gently push you to be the best you can be. I also love how there are kids from so many different nationalities and cultures at the school. It has changed my worldview n a positive way. Grade 7 Student