ORT Lyceum Rambam
ORT Lyceum Rambam opened in 1992 and benefited from the opening in 2000 of an ORT ICT centre.
|Name of School||ORT Lyceum Rambam|
|Age range||Elementary, Junior High, High School|
- To adopt a focused approach to each student in a way that develops their individual knowledge and creativity.
- To provide students with the skills which will enable them to integrate into society.
- To foster amongst students a strong sense of Jewish identity.
Students in the 1st – 5th grades follow the Tal-AM program which integrates Hebrew language and Jewish traditions for 4 hours per week. Students in the 6th – 10th grades follow the NETA program for 3 hours per week; students in 10th – 12th grades follow the Heftsiba program for 4 hours per week.
Students in the 1st – 4th grades follow the Tal-AM program, which integrates Hebrew language and Jewish traditions, for 4 hours per week.
Students in the 5th grade follow the Heftsiba program for 1 hour per week; students in the 6th – 9th grades follow the NETA program for 1 hour per week; students in the 10th – 12th grades follow the Heftsiba program for 1 hour per week. Much attention in the higher grades is devoted to study of the Holocaust. In particular, students collect information about people who perished during the Holocaust.
This course runs in the 1st – 7th grades for 1 hour per week. It covers contemporary Jewish music, the works of Jewish painters and practical work to prepare decorations for Jewish celebrations.
Informal Jewish Activities
- A Jewish literature course is available for students in 1st - 4th and 5th to 12th grade.
- There is a Jewish singing ensemble for students from 1st through to 12th grade.
- A Jewish theatre society is open to all students.
Students in the 2nd – 4th grades learn how to work with data, text, and images. They learn how to use word processing and presentation software.
Students in the 5th – 8th grades learn how to use the Internet, to work with spreadsheets, to use algorithms and to work in Turbo Pascal programming language.
Students in the 9th – 12th grades study Turbo Pascal in greater depth, in addition to learning about logic circuits and the arithmetical foundations of computer technology and algorithms.
Students of secondary school learn Robotics using LEGO NXT Mindstorms equipment. In 2015 school teams participated in the ORT Robotics Olympiad in Kishinev.
Robotics circle successfully runs for the students of 2 nd – 9 th grades.
Contributions to the national education system
- The school’s computer centre trains local teachers who want to upgrade their skills in ICT and modern pedagogical methods.
- The school houses the only Holocaust museum in Moldova, created by students together with the survivors. Its topical exhibitions attract schoolchildren and other visitors from all over the country.